Student guest post: Emily W. on surviving field school
Here is a guest post from Emily, a student with the 2017 OU Field School.
Emily’s Guide to Surviving Your First Week of Field School
- Buy some quality tent stakes
- Don’t stop drinking water
- Seriously, don’t.
- Pants are your friend, not shorts.
- Don’t lose your hat (like me)
- Learn everyone’s name ASAP.
- Dig dogs are the best thing ever
- Lick the bones.
- When in doubt, bag it.
- Don’t use sarcasm after 4pm.
Follow these helpful tips to avoid being maimed by your professor or something in the woods. Also, don’t actually lick anything you shouldn’t.